Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Spongy Cake

I was bloghopping as usual yesterday, and found this wonderful recipe at elisa's place.
It looks so yummy and yet simple enough for me to bake. It's my first cake after almost 3 months of morning sickness.
Anyway, my parents came to visit yesterday, so I baked this for them. I didn't put any topping, since they love their cakes plain. But I'm sure it taste great with whipped cream. n some fruits...
and yes..it's so soft, n spongy...chiffon-like.

I just copy paste the recipe--

Spongy Cake

Ingredients
4 eggs, seperated
1 cup castor sugar
1/3 cup water (or milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Method
Pre-heat oven to 180deg C (350 deg F).
Line baking tray with ungreased parchment paper or greased waxed paper.
Beat egg whites till stiff.
Beat together egg yolks and sugar till creamy and pale yellow.
Beat in water and vanilla.
Sift flour, baking powder and salt, then gradually beat into yolk mix.
Carefully fold in egg whites till well mixed.
Pour into baking tray (spread evenly to edges if making a flat sheet cake).
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes (up to 20 minutes if making a thick round cake), or until cake is firm to the touch or toothpick comes out clean.

No comments: