Wednesday, March 25, 2009
2 cups boiling water
1 cup cocoa powder
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 1/4 cups white sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Grease cake pans.
2. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cocoa, and whisk until smooth. Let mixture cool.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs one at time, then stir in vanilla.
6. Add the flour mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture.
7. Pour batter into the greased baking pan.
8. Bake in for 25 to 30 minutes. Allow to cool.